What is homoeopathy exactly? How does it differ from other health care modalities?
Homeopathy is a natural and complete (whole person or holistic) form of treatment. It works by understanding the cause of your malady or by your unique symptoms, or both, and by restoring balance and harmony to your body.
For example, if you have sustained an injury and never been able to use that part of your body fully since, then homeopaths will treat this. The injury can then be fully healed, bringing full use back to the part.
I once treated a man who had sustained multiple injuries to his arm, after a motor accident. He still had the residue of pain many years later as well as a limited range of movement. A few months after we started treatment, the pain went (and didn’t return) and he had full range of movement restored.
Often the cause is not known, or may be considered to be a genetic trait. Homeopaths then work with your symptoms.
For example, you may have had hay fever for many years. You have no idea exactly when it started or why. Your symptoms may include itchy eyes and sneezing in paroxysms that make it difficult to catch your breathe. A friend may also have hay fever but her symptoms may include a streaming nose accompanied by an itchy palate. So your treatment would be different from your friend’s, because your symptoms are different.
A man I treated was told by his GP that he would always have his hay fever. A few months after he started seeing me, his hay fever disappeared for good.
Homeopathy doesn’t treat the medical label you may have, such as arthritis or angina, but rather your unique symptoms. It individualises you. You are unique. Your genetic make up, your life’s story, your environment, your food preferences are all unique and personal to you, so your treatment to restore health should be too.
Homeopathy, being a whole person form of treatment, can help rebalance physical, emotional or mental issues. There are no limits, because homeopaths view ill health as a temporary drop in your immune system which, in most cases, can be restored.
Here is a list to give you an idea of what it can help you with:
- accidents and injury, including injury to soft tissue, to nerves, to bones
- acutes diseases such as colds, coughs, influenza, fevers, glandular fever, childhood diseases, etc
- ailments from abuse
- ailments after vaccines
- any new (or old) disease
- auto immune disorders such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer
- blood problems (anaemia, high blood pressure, sickle cell)
- depression and sadness (which often comes after the grief of loss)
- digestive disorders such as bloating, cramps, nausea, vomiting, motion sickness, ibs, diarrhoea, constipation
- energy – low or hyperactivity
- headaches, migraines
- hormonal issues, including period pain, infertility, erectile dysfunction, problems in pregnancy, problems with milk production, menopausal hot flushes and so forth
- mental issues such as ADD, ADHD, addictions, obsessive compulsive disorders, dementia, schizophrenia, etc
- hearing loss
- musculo-skeletal problems (such as arthritis)
- organ malfunction such as the liver and gall bladder (gall stones), kidneys (nephritis, renal issues, kidney stones), heart (arythmia, angina, weakness, valve problems)
- skin problems such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, boils, carbuncles, abscesses, etc
- weakness, chronic fatigue
- vision loss
The treatment consists of oral remedies which are either in pillule (small pills) form or a liquid.
Homeopaths appreciate that the body is capable of healing itself. When it is unable to do this, it simply needs a gentle helping hand in the right direction. Good homeopathic treatment is probably the most efficient form of health treatment that is able to do this.
Although you can expect to get quick results when an acute problem is being treated (such as a headache, a cough, menstrual cramps), the chronic conditions, those that have been with you a long time, will take time to go completely. However, there will be improvement along the way.
Homeopathy offers you an exciting journey to transform your health.
You are most welcome to organise a complimentary 15 minute consultation with me. You can find my contact details here.